Re: Subject: Re: scanner hp psc1402

steef wrote:
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, steef wrote:
thanks! got the 1402_scanner working with *unfree* software. of course i prefer the debian way. give your advice a try.

Try hplip from backports.org. Or wait a few weeks until I deem 0.9.9 good
enough for backporting, if the one in backports.org is too old for the
PSC1400 series (I doubt it, but I didn't check that).

Your printer is listed as officially supported by HP using free software
(hplip suite).  You also have technical support from HP if you're using
HPLIP and ask HP through the hpinkjet.sf.net forums.

thanks for your help!

steef

hugo,

i did what you advised. got hplip (last version) + hpdata + hp ppds from backports + lsb-base and an update of hpijs; this all compared with the standard-sarge_software.

and, indeed, as you suggested: hplip0.9.7 contains a driver for the psc1400 series.

so:

i can print now: printer worls like a dream.
i can copy now: works like a dream as well.

but:

i cannot (yet) scan and put the result of scanning as a (workable) file on one of my hd's.

maybe you can find some time to vadvise me on this topic too?

thank you in advance,

steef

--

you don't need the weathermen to know the way the wind blows

BOB DYLAN