occasionally bypassing ISP's transparent proxy

I just want to sometimes get around my ISP's transparent proxy which
intercepts all port 80 traffic to anywhere, as sometimes it has too
old caches. Mostly very fast, but sometimes one wants a second view
without its help.

Do I need to install and learn e.g., "tor",
or is there some proxy someone can tell me about, where I could do e.g.,
http_proxy=http://1.2.3.4:5678/ wget --spider -d http://URL_I_want
to e.g., see the headers of that URL despite my ISP's proxy?

Must I go the lengths of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_bypass_the_Great_Firewall_of_China#Debian_GNU.2FLinux_step_by_step