Re: How do I make my NIC pick the same ETH port every time?

> Using Debian command mode 2.6 kernel.
>
> My NIC keeps jumping around between eth0 and eth1 every so often when I
> reboot. It is real annoying! How do I get it to stick to be the same all
> the
> time? It is conflicting with a firewire controller...

what i would do if i had this problems is make the NIC are firewire card
load as modules then i can put a wait between them, e.g. i would load the
NIC when everything is booting and put a sleep and load the firewire
modules

.. or you could build the NIC into the kernel and load the firewire as
modules.

just make sure they always get loaded in the same order with a good time
gab between them.

also i would make sure the nic interface is up apon system boot, if you
are using dhcp this might be a problem if your not connected to the
network at boot.

HTH

Matt.