From: Paul Johnson [mailto:baloo@ursine.ca]
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2006 11:29 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: How do I make my NIC pick the same ETH port every time?

On Saturday 25 March 2006 11:09, Tyson Varosyan wrote:
> Using Debian command mode 2.6 kernel.
>
> My NIC keeps jumping around between eth0 and eth1 every so often when I
> reboot. It is real annoying! How do I get it to stick to be the same all
> the time? It is conflicting with a firewire controller...

I have this same problem on a machine with several ethernet cards (and have
spend time swapping cable around to make sure everything is where Linux
expects after a reboot).  I solved this for now by not rebooting for
anything.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber