Re: scanner hp psc1402

On Sat, March 25, 2006 17:26, Andrew Sackville-West said:
> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:33:44 +0100 (CET)
> "Ernst-Magne Vindal" <ernst@vindal.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> >

>> Hi, not sure about psc1402, but for my psc2175 I use vuescan, very nice
>> and many options for scanning and output format.
>
> Do you find that you need to stop the printing service before a scan? I
> haven't tried mine in a while because it used to lock itself up. I
> recently read that /etc/init.d/hplip stop (or whatever its called) before
> scanning was required.

No, no need to do anything. I use cups for printing, or just the command
lp when printing from emacs og pine.
I think the scanner is initializied when starting vuescan (it sounds like
that).
The printer is normally connected to another debian box that acts as a
server, printing with samba from linux and windoze clients. Just
connect/reconnect between the two machines when I need the scanner on my
desktop.

Running kernel 2.6.8-16, sid.

--
/ernst-magne