Re: apt-get and proxy servers

 Sumo.

thanks you gave me an idea and I did this

edit   ---->  /root/.bashrc

export http_proxy=http://1.1.1.1:3128/

and

edit   ---->  /root/profile

export http_proxy=http://1.1.1.1:3128/

and work for mi.

"Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much)" <sumo.wrestler.0rj82m+no.spam.abuse@earthlink.net> escribió:
pedro lopez wrote:
> i conect to internet by a proxy server, how i can configure apt-get?

I've never had to do it before, but I'd guess that you'd define the
environment variable "http_proxy". Look at the man page for sources.list:

$ man sources.list

You would define (and export) the variable before invoking apt-get.

$ export http_proxy=http://proxy.server.example.com:8080
$ apt-get update

If you use ftp, define ftp_proxy also.

Keep the discussions on the list so that other people can benefit, and
others can correct my screw-ups :)