Re: GRUB doesn't come up in new installation

I've also noticed that the hard drive light goes on for a while after
the screen goes black when GRUB should have appeared, so I wonder if
the OS is booting but there's a problem with the video card?  I don't
know why the video could work fine for everything including liveCDs
and installation discs but fail when GRUB comes up, but I'm at a loss.
 It's an AOPEN Geforce2 Model MX200 plug-in card.  I can't see any
onboard video on this mainboard.