AW: proftpd auth failing via libpam-ldap

> Von: Jamie Thompson [mailto:debian-user@jamie-thompson.co.uk]
>
> Miro Dietiker, MD Systems wrote:
> > Hello People
> >
> > I have a ProFTPD Version 1.2.10 on debian sarge (standard).
> >
> > In Background I use a standard /etc/pam.d/proftpd
> > Where commin-* uses libpam-ldap in a standard way.
> >
> > And nss is configured to read full user properties except password.
> >
> I too have had recent problems with ProFTPD's LDAP module. I do not
use
> FTP access too often, but a few weeks ago I discovered it wasn't
> working, it would connect and then immediately terminate the
connection.
> When I looked at the logs it was dying on the LDAP lookup. I hadn't
> changed anything from a working config, so it must have been an update
> that did it. Anyway, the only way I could get it working again was to
> simply disable the LDAP options in the config file and rely on
pam-ldap
> for my authentication. The net result was the same so I'm not too
> bothered, maybe that would work for you too if you're already using
it?

> - Jamie

Jamie: I don't use proftpd-ldap modules! I only use a ldap pam module
where proftpd has no such ldap-associated configuration and simply uses
PAM and NSS interfaces of the system.

So interesting to hear from your problem, but nothing to improve the way
you suggest..

Thanks - Miro