Re: help

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 03:34 am, patrick bourne submitted, for all our perusal:
>----> From: "Patrick Bourne" <bon2112@peoplepc.com>
>----> To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
>----> Subject: help with installation
>----> Date: Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:23 AM
>---->
>----> Hello,   I have recently downloaded the businesscard
>----> image for the stable release of the debian OS. Can I
>----> use this version along with Windows 98 or would you
>----> recommend installing debian by itself. I went to the
>----> command prompt and typed -  cd  D:\debian and it
>----> changed to the D drive which is my CD ROM drive.  I
>----> had my installation cd in the drive but I cannot
>----> initiate the installation.  The business card release
>----> has 30 MB of data and I put it on a CD. Will this make
>----> a difference.
>---->                                          Patrick
>----> Bourne
>---->                                          bon2112@peoplepc.com

It's not difficult to run win 98 and Debian on a dual boot system. I have run
win 98 and XP plus three Linux distributions on a system in the past.

There is a lot of documentation on the net about this.

So win 98 and Debian is no problem, take time to read a bit, and if you run
two Linux systems, you can use the same swap, but not the same /home. Because
it creates conflicts. It's fun to do especially if you like to try a few
Linus distros before making up your mind about which you like best.

I found lilo the easiest to use as the bootloader for multi boot systems, but
remember that anything you change in lilo you must run lilo as root to
register the changes. This is not required with grub.

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Brilliant Debian Sarge 3.1