Re: Amarok goes crazy...

Pooly wrote:
Hi,

It drives me mad, when I hit "Windows+b" (the shorcut for the next
song in amarok), sometimes amaroK just goes crazy and keeps changing
the current song for the next one. So it read the begining of one
song, and then jump to the next one, but at a rate of about 4 times
per second... I can't do anything with the keyboard (which seems to
not be reponding), but the mouse is ok. So I can type with a mouse
copy/paste a lethal : "ps -u me; kill amarokapp_pid", or hit
Ctrl+Alt+Suppr and wait few minutes for X to restart.
Has anyone been experiencing such behavior ?
Is there any way to avoid that stupid thing ?
My laptop is running AmaroK : 1.2.4, Kde 3.3.2 (from Etch)
--
Pooly
Webzine Rock : http://www.w-fenec.org/

well.. i 'm using mpg123, mplayer and old-fashioned mp3blaster with the commandline in the console. suits me well.

AMAROK meant only trouble to me. am running debian_sarge, standard kernel 2.6.8 XX. built my os myself: a lean system, trusting ap/aptitude to do the job when i needed another package and dependencies. up till AMAROK all when well that way, since potato.

BUT NOT WITH AMAROK! installed on the debian way it blocked my system completely, allthough all dependencies seemed to be installed like gstreamer mysql-lite and the like. so i got rid of this version. consequently i tried version 1.3.8. tar.gz from their site. i installed all the dependencies (see the AMAROK_README file). And behold! got the message AMAROK CANNOT BE INSTALLED (in my own words) because the dependencies are not installed. tried some other versions after some googling as well: same funny result.

so i purged AMAROK and i do not have the intentions to try again, untill somebody can enlighten me on this point. so *PLEASE GIVE ME THE INSIGHT I NEED*.

btw on one of my hd's, with slackware 10.2 installed, amarok works rather well. only one system-blockade when i found the courage to build a playlist.

regards,

steef

--

you don't need the weathermen to know the way the wind blows

BOB DYLAN