Samba Winbind wbinfo -u fails with "Error looking up domain users"

Hi,

After functioning correctly for more than 6 months suddenly Samba died : the users and usergroups are not recognized anymore. Restarting the Windows 2000 ADS (mixed mode) server and/or the Debian Samba server does not help. I even re-added the server to the domain:

net rpc join -U Administrator reports a sucessful join.
Active Directory shows the Debian server's computer account
wbinfo -t reports sucess
wbinfo -g reports BuiltIn groups only
wbinfo -u reports ""Error looking up domain users"

I have followed all the steps in "chapter 12. Troubleshooting" of "Using Samba", but no solution.

Any one any idea where to look?

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.