Re: Really stupid question about apt

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:13:59 -0600, Brad Sims <bmsims1@insightbb.com> said:

> I am running a self-rolled deb (CVS version of Pan).  I have at some
> point in the past cleaned /var/cache/apt.  Is there someway of
> re-creating that deb from the existing installed version?

> I presume I am most likely screwed but thought I would ask.

# apt-cache show dpkg-repack
Package: dpkg-repack
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 60
Maintainer: Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.22
Depends: perl, dpkg-dev
Filename: pool/main/d/dpkg-repack/dpkg-repack_1.22_all.deb
Size: 11114
MD5sum: d31a6f932ebb97334f81b40a55c5bb01
 dpkg-repack creates a .deb file out of a debian package that has already
 been installed. If any changes have been made to the package while it was
 unpacked (ie, files in /etc were modified), the new package will inherit
 the changes.
 .
 This utility can make it easy to copy packages from one computer to another,
 or to recreate packages that are installed on your system, but no longer
 available elsewhere, or to store the current state of a package before you
 upgrade it.

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)