Re: DSL Howto?

Wolfgang Lonien wrote:

Hi,

my brother installed Ubuntu for a friend. Now that friend just wants to
change from a modem connection to a DSL (also modem-, so pppoe) setup,
and they're having a hard time.

Since it's a bit too far away to go and help the guys, and the machine
is not yet connected, could someone help (and CC my brother)?

Thanks,
wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien

There is a Debian HOWTO that might help at the NewbieDOC wiki:
http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Broadband_-_setting_up_an_ethernet_ADSL_modem/router
Works on Debian - I don't know about Ubuntu. If it works for Ubuntu, please add a comment to the wiki page to say so.

Hth
Chris.