Re: ATI RADEON 7500C

Cesare Porta wrote:

This is an English-only list. However, since I speak Spanish
and Italian is pretty close, I'll make a stab at a translation...

Ho provato a installare debian su un laptop VAIO modello PGC-GRV516G con
scheda grafica ATI mobility RADEON 7500C.

I've installed debian on a VAIO model PGC-GRV516G laptop with an ATI
mobility RADEON 7500C graphics card.

In modalità grafica funziona solo alla risoluzione 800x600 e inferiori.

In graphics mode it works only in 800x600 resolution or less.

Se scelgo la risoluzione nativa del display (1280x1024) l’immagine viene
divisa in tre semiquadri non in sequenza e perdo il controllo del mouse.

[I'm going to have problems with this sentence, but here's a stab]

If I set the display to its native resolution of 1280x1024, the screen
image is divided into three rectangles out of sequence[?] and I lose
control of the mouse.

Cosa bisogna fare per avere questa scheda riconosciuta correttamente e poter
usufruire della risoluzione 1280x1024 ?

[I have not a clue about "bisogna", and I'm really guessing here]

[something about setting up this card and] being able to use it at
1280x1024 resolution.

Grazie sono un Linuxiano da 3 giorni e mi viene voglia di rinunciare.

Thanks from a Linuxer of 3 days [and I'm going to give up?]

Attendo ansioso consigli.

I'm waiting on pins and needles.

Ciao

'Bye