Re: Problem with sound in Debian Unstable?

Robert Harris wrote:
As of Friday I lost sound on my IBM R50 after I did a dist-upgrade.  All the
drivers load, alsaconf detects the intel chipset correctly and the modules
load.  Even the alsamixer looks correct, nothing is muted.  No sound other
than speaker beeps (^G) though.

There is a problem with ogg123 on my ThinkPads-T42 and T20 and Aptiva-desktop with the version of vobis-tools and libao2 currently up on test and unstable. I had to reload from stable. However, mpg123 was not affected nor ogg under vlc (vlc must be using another lib).

I opened a problem last month, no response.