Re: nfs performance

Pol Hallen wrote:
Hi all :-)

i'd like known the performance of network file system

i have a debian stable in a server (p4, 1Gb ram. ethernet 10/100) and the same hardware in the client.

I use the client for burn my dvd data (with smbmount) but the speed of my dvd is 1,380Kbs :-((( this mean a lot of time per single disc :-(((

Using a server nfs is better or the same?!
With which performance?

Better. You would have a hard time getting any network file system to run slower than burning a DVD. SSH, FTP, HTTP, Samba, NFS -- they should all be quite a bit faster.

thank! ;-)

Pol