Re: receiving unexpected IP address *outside* of VPN

Levi Waldron wrote:
2006/3/19, Andrei Popescu <andreimp@rdslink.ro>:

I've seen on this list that this behavior is related to the zeroconf package. Try purging it.

I purged zeroconf and that did the trick.  Thanks!  I didn't
intentionally install it; it must have gotten installed with something
else.

On Sid it currently seems to be enough to have KDE installed and
aptitude configured to automatically include recommended packages. Then
this little pest will creep into your system via the kde > kdenetwork >
kdnssd dependency chain and a succession of recommendations which goes
through avahi-daemon and libnss-mdns.

I have the impression that kdenetwork should only "suggest" kdnssd,
since it is only necessary for one very specific purpose (zeroconf
support in konqueror), but maybe I am missing something about the
philosophy of KDE.

Regards,
           Florian