Re: System hangs at boot

On Mar 19 2006, Luis R Finotti wrote:
> Leo Britto wrote:
> >I will try to reinstall the system from scratch and see if I will
> >have the same problem. I hope I wont :)
>
> That's what they call the "windows way"... :-)

And this is *rarely* needed with Debian. In fact, trying to resurrect a
dead/problematic system is almost always a nice learning experience.

It, of course, takes time, but that's the price to pay.

> (If someone with experience with ndiwsrapper -- or some who really
> knows what he's talking about :-) -- would give any advice, maybe you
> could avoid it...)

I lost the initial postings, but using ndiswrapper is an evil thing...

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/