Re: receiving unexpected IP address *outside* of VPN

--- Levi Waldron <onemorenut@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm on a VPN set up by a D-link router connected to
> a cable modem.
> The internal IP address of the router is
> 192.168.0.1, and its dhcpd is
> set up to deliver IP addresses between 192.168.0.100
> and
> 192.168.0.199, with my MAC address bound to
> 192.168.0.109.  The
> bizarre thing is that my computer seems to be
> getting the IP addrsess
> 169.254.46.151!

I'm not at all sure about the myriad of potential
reasons for this - but the first place I'd look is
something to do with Windows XP. Isn't this range
something that Windows XP dishes out or at least gives
itself when it's struggling for an IP? Does this makes
sense in your context? i.e. is there a Windows box
conveniently placed on this network, and it stops
happening with it turned off?

May be way off course here.

--
Matt