Re: Problem accessing CPAN

Thanks a lot
 it works now
I guess I had not seen this one been taken off.

Leoncini Xavier wrote:

I have a strange error while trying to access cpan.
 I cannot figure what is wrong.
 When i execute "perl -MCPAN -e shell"
 I get
 "Cannot do `initialize' in Term::ReadLine::Gnu at /usr/share/perl/5.8/CPAN.pm
line 105"
 I upgraded perl modules and perl to the latest in sid with still the same
results.
 Any idea on how to fix this.
 Thanks in advance.
 Xavier

Have you checked which version of the lib-readline modules you have?
(This library is external to perl)

 I suggest trying the following:

 apt-get install libterm-readline-gnu-perl

 If this doesnt work, I suggest posting to one of the Perl mailing lists or
forums, such as http://perlmonks.org

 Hope this helps,

 Ivor.