Re: Subversion 1.3.x Debian pkgs?

Matt England wrote:
> I attempted to apt-get a Subversion 1.3.0 Debian package a few days ago
> (via an 'experimental' package base) and failed due to dependencies on
> updated libapr and other stuff that was apparently not ready.

They are already in unstable.

> Has anybody been able to update Subversion 1.3.0 via Debian package
> management?  Or can anyone point out how to do so?
>
> An aside: if I build svn 1.3.x from source, does Debian or any 3rd-party
> util provide some means to turn said build into a Debian package (as in
> .deb)?  I know of a utility called 'checkinstall' to create rpms on
> redhat...I think...but I'm looking for anything similar on Debian.

You can also use checkinstall to create a .deb package.  However, I have
1.3.0 running on Sarge by backporting.  The only significant change I
had to make was to modify the rules file to build with the Sun JVM (the
whole reason I needed 1.3.0 was for a working JavaHL.

Checkout my HOWTO:

http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto/howtos/debcustomize

> I suspect this is a faq; I have yet to find an answer.
>
> -Matt

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez