Re: Best Linux Laptop

You might want to consider walking into the store with a Knoppix boot
CD/DVD and booting the laptop with Knoppix.  If it works you know the
hardware will be supported by Linux.  It may or may not be supported
by Debian though since Knoppix uses Redhat based hardware detection
support <the new stuff does make it into Debian but it isn't always
immediate>.