Re: Any CMS for offline content?

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 02:30:53PM +0100, Ji?í Pale?ek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> do you know about (sort of a) CMS for offline content, eg. CD?
> Something that could categorize the content, search it and
> probably view the categories (there are static gallery generators,
> but you can't search static html).
I donno what exactly you have as content but two ideas come to mind.

1) Remaster a live CD e.g. Knoppix so that it runs a webserver, *sql
database etc. pp. so that you can make your CMS avaible throug it.
Unusable for daily usage but a neat way for Demo CDs.

2) If it's only the search offline content part then try something like
http://docsearcher.sourceforge.net/.
The german LinuxMagazin used it for their "10 Years" collection DVD.
It requires Java (that makes it portable) and works well.

Cheers,
Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak