Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...

Hal Vaughan wrote:
On Monday 13 March 2006 03:14, <someone> wrote:

As others have pointed out, it was poor form of me to threathen to
unsubscribe you. So I have not done this.

No offense, but you make it sound like you're doing him a favor by not doing it.

I'll go one step further: It is "against policy" to close the
list to posters who are not subscribed, but it is not "against
policy" to close the list to subscribed members who happen to
disagree with the list management.

This kind of behavior has caused the CentOS list to dissolve into
chaos.

The reason I first started this thread was, and remains, as I
stated, to cause introspection. So far, it seems not to have
succeeded very well.

I'm just concerned for the future of the mail list, having
seen another disintegrate due to similar behavior by list
management.

I, personally, have no stakes in this matter, since I'm not
even really a Debian user (though I help administer a Debian
machine).

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.