Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...

On Sunday 12 March 2006 14:41, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:24:10 -0600
>
> "Matthew R. Dempsky" <mrd@alkemio.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 12:16:43AM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > > Sorry, maybe I'm dense, but why is it ridiculous?
> >
> > It prevents private replies.
>
> It was suggested to put the real address (masked) in the sig. This does
> make private replies more difficult, but not impossible.

But utterly defeats the point of munging in the first place.  Once your email
address is used unmasked anyplace public once, you've totally negated any
potential benefit munging may have had, while keeping all the problems
munging produces.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber