Q about debian based specialty distro

Greetings;

Specifically the distro is BDI-4.30, which is optimized for computer
numeric machine control, uses kernel 2.6.12-magma as its realtime kit.

The problem is one of gfx speeds, DRI is not being enabled for some
reason although the XFree86.0.log says it was loaded, but glxinfo says
its not enabled.

Does anyone have a cluex4 as to howto get this working so a decent
update rate for the full color gfx portions of the emc2/axis control
gui can be obtained?  I'm getting, at best, maybe 2 updates a second in
the cutting trace portion of this this gui's interface.  Thats not
enough even for visual accuracy.  Needs 10-20x a second redraws.

Also, whats the name of the xconfigurator used on debian systems?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: