Re: Re: How to install testing from CD with no network

Sullivan,Deric [CMC] wrote:
Hi,

        I'm trying to install Debian "testing" from a set of CDs that I
created from the jigdo ISO image files found at
"_http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/jigdo-cd/_"; <http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/jigdo-cd/_%22>;.  The
install process starts fine, but I run into a problem when the installer
program asks for an archive mirror.  I don't want to install from the
network, since this is a stand alone PC.  Is there a way to tell the
installer program to use the CDs and not a network mirror?  It seems to
me that the installer which is booted from the first CD should assume
you're using CDs and not the network, otherwise you wouldn't have
bothered to download all those CDs.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Deric

The installer always asks what apt method you want to use.  It then
gives you four choices: "cdrom", "http", "ftp", "edit by hand".  Just
choose cdrom and when it asks if you have another CD, answer yes and and
pop it in when asked.  Do this until you have cycled through all your CDs.

-Roberto

	I wasn't given the choice of the apt method to use.  Maybe the installer that
comes with the weekly ISO builds of testing (etch) is configured differently.
I even tried "expert" mode, and I still wasn't given that option.  I've installed
Debian many times and what you mentioned about the question for the apt method is
what I was hoping to see.
	I just noticed an announcement that the etch beta 2
version of the installer has been release, so I'll get those ISO CDs and see what
happens.  Although, by using the weekly builds, I was assuming that I was already
using the beta 2 installer.

Thanks,
Deric