Re: possible kernel problem?

Quoting Gabe Granger <gabe@pancentric.com>:

I've just had the following emailed to me by logcheck, I've never seen anything like this before, the machine is a new setup been running for a week in production environment without problem.

The server is configured for Dovecot pop3 / Imap and Sendmail SMTP running on Debian Stable with 2.6 kernel. Can anyone help me make sense of this output?

<snip kernel oops log>

If you can afford it, take the machine down and run memtest on it. Other than that, is the machine running hot? Every single time I have had a problem like that it has been because 1) a component (mobo or RAM) failed, 2) or the system was running hot and causing one of the aforemention components to fail.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto