Re: Upgrade fresh system to standard debian 2.6.15 kernels Now console does not respond to keyboard. what to try?

Mitchell Laks wrote:

>On Tuesday 14 March 2006 21:18, Kent West wrote:
>

>>My guess is that you need to modprobe some keyboard module, such as
>>usbkbd, etc.
>>

>I did as you suggested. installed modconf and then I looked for some
>keyboard-related module, tried usbkbd ( i dont have a usbkey keyboard - i have
>a  standard keyboard and a standard mouse). Still even with insmod usbkbd no
>success.
>

>Any more ideas?

Not really. But I just remembered something similar happening to me a
few months back. If I recall correctly, all I had to do was wait three
or four minutes, and then the keyboard started responding. I never did
track down the problem; it went away by itself (maybe I removed a KVM
from the picture, or I did another upgrade, or something; I just don't
remember; sorry).

--
Kent