Re: How to restore /bin?

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 05:32:46PM +1100, Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:

>Run this:

>apt-get --reinstall install \
>$(cd /var/lib/dpkg/info; grep -l '^/bin/' *.list|sed 's/.list$//')

Thanks for this ingenious solution; there are still a couple of things to iron
out though: for some reason the command substitution above produces a shorter
list of files than what should be in /bin (I'm trying to figure out why); and
when I try to run it I get this error from apt-get:

	E: Couldn't configure pre-depend coreutils for debianutils, probably a
dependency cycle.

Both of those packages seem to be properly installed.

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep fiddling and get back.

John