Re: Newcomers to Debian downloading/ordering full CD-set

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:26:53 +0000
Chris Lale <chrislale@untrammelled.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]
> Not everyone has a fast internet connection. If you were downloading
> isos on someone else's broadband, I would think that you would probably
> manage with just the first 2 CDs to start with.

[snip]
> I do remember there being talk of a "Debian-lite" CD, or does the first
> iso actually achieve this? If not, I suppose you might need separate KDE
> and Gnome CDs.
>
> Chris.

A quick peak at debian-cd shows that there are discussions about having a Desktop install with as few CDs as possible. This is the development part. The site developers should present this accordingly. Something like: "For a Desktop install you need at least CD1 and 3". Other suggestions?

Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)