Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...

Incoming from Steve Lamb:
> Tim Connors said:
> > That's a good way to get your bogus opinions across.
>
>     No, that was a way to get my frustration across since the limst managers

Your obvious frustration is the only reason why I'm bothering to enter
this mess.  No offence meant, but you're being an ass (again, which is
not to suggest you're _always_ being an ass :-).  Abusing the
VOLUNTEER HELP is not the way to win converts to your cause.

> > Steve: a suggestion.  Not everyone works exactly the same way as you.
> > Perhaps have some flexibility.  And perhaps even change the way *you*
>
>     Ah, yes, I should always change and never them.  Hmmmm-mmmm.

Aren't you the one who's screaming that it doesn't work for you?!?  It
works fine for me.

> email was.  And procmail?  Investigated it; it's line noise masquerading

You don't like procmail.  Great.  That's no excuse for insulting it.
For some of us, it's a remarkable tool; one we'd rather abandon email
than do without.  There are alternatives to procmail if you're that
averse to it.

> MTA, and point out that it has filtering built into it.  Or Thunderbird,

Thunderbird has Bayes filtering ... and it's apparently too difficult
to use.  You said it!  You're forced to retrain its filters every time
it makes a mistake.

YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!

"Do one thing, but do it well."  That means MTA + MUA + procmail +
bogofilter + ..., not Thunderbird which does all/some of that
marginally and is designed for Windows users who can't be bothered to
learn The Unix Way.

> filtering.  I have no idea why people push others to procmail when it is
> obvious they don't need it.

You've proved *you do* in this thread.  What you're doing isn't working,
by your own admission.  *I* need procmail.  It's solved a thousand
problems for me.  It's allowed me to do a thousand other things I want
to do.  You don't like the syntax.  Geez, you sound like a Lisp hater.

>     Bayesian filters; retraining; covered this already well before

http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/

- -