Re: allow port in hosts.allow

David;

I asked one of the senior admins here about this as much for me as you.
First the application's daemon (bacula-fd) needs to be compiled with
tcpwrapper so it will look at hosts.allow file.
Second the host or IP range you are 'allowing' must be know. Unlike, ftp,
httpd, etc it canNOT be dynamic.

Also, hosts.allow can not be use to open a port to our knowledge. A daemon
does that.
>Hi,      from one machine in my client machine hosts.allow file how do i do
>that.      bacula client machine hosts.allow file     thanks 		To help you
>stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security
>Centre.

RbtBotL
Craig - ><>

 o    BU SysAdmin