upgrade sid now firefox no longer prints. dialog button "the paper size is not supported by your printer"

Hi,

I have been using the xprint system for printing from firefox cause it seemed
to work better than cups when printing from firefox. i have both cups and
xprint installed.

i updated my sid installation lately. Now I seem not to be seeing the usual
xprt type stuff in the printing dialog box - only cups printers but the type
of printer it says is

hp-us-government-letter (203x253 mm) which seems to be something new instead
of just plain letter

i have a standard postscript hp laster jet 1200 printer

what is the meaning of the dialog window i now get

there was a problem printing because the paper size you specified is not
supported by your printer?

Mitchell