Re: What can't CUPS start up?

Christian,

In June of last year you said that cups was giving the error message

'StartListening: Unable to bind socket for address 7f000001:631 - Cannot
assign requested address.'

I have the same problem. I could only find one reply to your question,
asking if any other process was listening to port 631. That does not
seem to be the case on my ubuntu installation and the ubuntu forum has
not come up with any answer.

Did you solve the problem and, if so, how? Printing is my final sticking
point before becoming a Windows free zone at home.

Regards,
David James