Re: Hardware

Clive Menzies wrote:

On (12/03/06 22:22), Chris Lale wrote:
Chris Lale wrote:

During installation, the Debian installer cannot use any DHCP server that may be running on your router.
I beg to differ, but I almost always grab a DHCP address when I install Debian.
Well, I have not managed to get the installer to work with the DHCP sever incorporated in my modem/router box (D-Link DSL G604T). Perhaps your DHCP is running on a Linux box on an existing network?

The supposition is that if you have a router, you have an existing
network?
No. My home standalone box connects to ADSL broadband via the modem/router/wifi box. These two machines make up the network. The router includes DHCP server but cannot have nameservers entered into the configuration, so the di fails to access the mirrors at this stage. I reported this as a bug last year.

Chris.