Re: default MTA

Chris Lale said:
> Artem Zolochevskiy wrote:

>> What will be the default MTA in etch? exim, postfix?

> Exim4 on my installation.

    Personally I'd like to see Debian look into using something lighter like
nullmailer as the default; IE something to satisfy the "forward to a
smart host" requirement without also requiring a full bore MTA to be
installed.  Those who would need a full bore MTA would have the option
of installing the MTA of their choice.

    Don't get me wrong, I am an Exim user and will be for the forseeable
future.  I have nothing against Exim I just don't think that Exim is the
best choice for providing that functionality.

--
Steve Lamb