Removable media icons

Debian friends,

I'm running Linux 2.6.15-1-686 i686 (testing)
with KDE 3.5.1 and
  udev	0.085-1
  dbus	0.60-6
  hal	0.5.6-4
and do not get any icons showing removable
usb media, like before, since some time.

After reboot:
Nothing in dmesg/syslog concerning neither udev, dbus, nor hal.
No icon shows up when the usb disk is connected (it used to!).

Mounting through Konqueror does function, though the Konqueror
icon is not changed to the mounted version. But it is mounted,
since I can use it with no problem (the mounting is done, like
always, according to entries in fstab).

Florian (see blow) recommended
  invoke-rc.d udev restart
  invoke-rc.d dbus restart
  invoke-rc.d kdm restart
(after stopping kdm)

This did not change the "icon behaviour".
But else, all seems in good order:
Still nothing in syslog concerning neither udev, dbus, nor hal.

Can there be some influence of how am-utils 6.1.3-2 is configured?
I'd appreciate any suggestion, thanks on beforehand!

Tore
---------
Since I'm off-list, please cc to tore.ericsson@telia.com

Please read some earlier communication (hereby sent to this list)
before suggestions concerning Control Center settings, etc.:
(1. My first questions)