I can't load a DVD with xine.

I mount the DVD with:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt

Then I start xine as a user:

xine /mnt/video_ts/vts_01_0.vob

Here the error message:

***
The source can't be read.
Maybe you don't have enough right's for it, or source doesn't contain
data (e.g. no disc in drive /mnt/video_ts/vts_01_0.vob)

***

The same happen's when I start xine as root.

Another question:
The first time I started xine there was a player where it was able to
click on DVD but this doesn't comes anymore.

What is the reason the I can't click DVD on the player anymore and that
I can't load the media resources like above ?

Install libdvdcss, libdvdread and libdvdnav, and try :
xine dvd:/$dvd-device