GXine crashes in fullscreen mode

Hello
  I am using Gxine version 0.5.4 It crashes when I try to view in
fullscreen mode. This is the message I get as soon as I open gxine:
####
lirc: lirc_init failed. Make sure that you have lircd running
lirc: and that you have the permissions to connect to the socket
####
And this is what I get when I try full screen:
####
The program 'gxine' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 327 error_code 8 request_code 42 minor_code 0)
####
However, I have no problem when I stick to the windowed mode.
I am not on the list, please CC the replies.
Thanks
--
Aravind