debian base system install problem

Now a days i have been encountering a Debian installation problem on laptops.
The problem happens at the disk prtitioning step while installing from a
netinstall cd. No disks found. After trying expert modes and installing with
kernell 2.4 it founds the disc. Today the installation system couldnt find
the ethernet card when i tried with the etch netinstall cd. Sarge's
netinstall cd couldnt find the disk both in kernel 2.6 and 2.4 usage.
At the etch install steps i skipped the network setup by thinking i may
continue installation from stable DVD's. I was hoping to see a menu (like in
sarge setup) to choose the file source (cdrom, http, ftp, ...). But there was
no such menu. Because the ethernet didnt found i had to skip the selection of
the Debian mirror steo too. Now at the last step: Base system set up. The
system should download the base system. I have Debian stable DVD's. I tried
ctrl+alt+f2. A sh konsole was there. I created /etc/apt/sources.list as (deb
file:/dev/hda sarge main ). But the system didnt detect it. I am not sure how
to continue. There is no apt-cdrom i can use at the sh konsole (no base
system is installed yet :)). To manage the installation from Sarge DVD's how
can i telle the netinstall system to use cdrom as the source?
--
Oğuz Yarımtepe