Re: X.org / deal head problem

gavin.carey@thomson.com wrote:
System: Dell Optiplex GX270 with an additional old ATI Rage PCI video
card.
X-Window System Version 6.9.0 (21 dec 05)
Relevant(?) xorg.conf sections pasted at end..

> I hadn't run a "dist-upgrade" for some time, but one afternoon, with
> some spare time, decided to do so.  It completed, and everything was
> fine... until I rebooted.
>
> At which point, only the 17" screen on the onboard video hardware fired
> up and worked in X.

Hi Gavin,

There seems to be quite a bit of trouble going on with dual-head and x.org 6.9.0. I have 2 Rdaeon 7000 cards, and when the upgrade to 6.9.0 came across, I actually lost both displays.

It appears to be a x.org thing, but I haven't seen anyone say conclusively yes.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=332548 has lots of info, but basically, what everyone suggests, and what worked for me was to downgrade to a 6.8.x version that I still had in my apt archive.

jef