Re: gpg keys on multiple machines

Magnus Therning wrote:

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 09:49:44PM +0000, Doofus wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a preferred method for setting up the same
gpg profile (keys) on multiple machines?

I'm surprised I haven't been able to find much on the web about this.
Surely there must be thousands of us sending/receiving email both at
home and at work, and probably for some folks umpteen other places as
well.

I've stuck my GPG keys on a USB memory stick which I let
gnome-volume-manager automount under /media. Then I use the following
configuration options to make sure GPG uses the correct files:

no-default-keyring
keyring
secret-keyring
trustdb-name

/M

I don't really bother with volume management but I think the principle here is inspired - carrying your keys around in your pocket (like keys, in fact). What could be safer? Even if you lost the stick somewhere it probably wouldn't matter.

Thanks.