Re: dpkg, apt-get, aptitude, etc. don't work - "relocation error".

Mr. Jan Hearthstone wrote:

> I cannot use dpkg, wajig, apt-get--I always get a
> message:
> "/usr/bin/perl: relocation error:
> /lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol__libc_stack_end, version
> GLIB_2.1 not defined in file ld-linux.so2 with link
> time reference".
>
> I run "Linux version 2.4.27-2-586tsc" (Debian
> testing).
>
> What is a newbie to do?
> Thanks, Hearthstone.

It seems like either your installation of libc6 is broken, or your installed
version of perl doesn't match your installed version of libc6.  How did
your machine get broken like this?  That is, what's the last change you
made before apt-get et. al. broke?

Justin