Re: book

Cadaverillo wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have problems with Debian, so I started looking up for the good book
> about Linux in the net and found one - by  Steve Hunger.
>
> I am sure this book is very good and it will help me much.
> I want to translate it quickly to russian language after some time and
> publish freely in the net.
>
> Is that OK?
>
> I can't ask the author because I don't know his email so I am asking here.
>
> Write me please to cadaverillo@mail.ru because I am not subscribed to
> the list.
> (Accounts at hotmail.com are not received by my spam filter because many
> spammers had adresses at that domain).
>
> Thanks.

Steve worked for Progeny Linux Systems (I believe that he is no longer
with them).  Anyhow, you might try and see if someone at Progeny knows
how to get a hold of him.

As far as translating the book and distributing it freely, I don't
believe that is legal in most jurisdictions.  The publisher probably
reserves the right to have translations made and distributed with some
type of royalty arrangement.  Either way, you probably should get a hold
of Steve and/or his publisher and discuss it with them.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto