Re: Hotkeys utility for Acer Travelmate

On 2/27/06, Kevin Mark <kmark+debian-user@pipeline.com> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 12:32:57PM +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:
> Is there a utility available for an Acer Travelmate 2410 series to make the
> hotkeys work? Especially the LCD/Monitor switch and the battery status.
> There was something like "i810 switch" thing availble for some Sony Vaio
> laptops. Is there something similar availble for a travelmate 2410? The
> acerhk doesn't compile and still it only would give the keycodes.
>
> Any other utility available, please reply.
apt-get install hotkeys

hotkeys doesn't seem to work for keys other than the volume and brightness. There's nothing listed in the list of supported keyboards for an acer. I've tried vaio and dellinspiron, in both cases, the volume/brightness controls only work, nothing else.

Any help appreciated,
Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.