Re: key bind paste from ?

Brian Clark wrote:

[...]

What I decided to look for, without success, is a way to press a
key sequence and it have it paste a password at the current cursor
position in my aterm when connected to a remote host.

Is there something that will do this?
[...]

Hi there! That doesn't seem to work for me. I realize ^M should be
entered as Ctrl+V, Ctrl+M. What about ^[[24~?

same as Ctrl+V, Ctrl+M .. type:

Ctrl+V, F12

iow ^[ is a single "character".. not the same thing at all as typing a "^" followed by a "["

.. to verify this, type Ctrl+V, Ctrl+M at the bash prompt and then use backspace to erase what you just typed. You will notice that you need only one backspace keystroke to erase ^[

another way of typing/coding the same bind command that may (?) be less confusing is to use GNU emacs style escape sequences:

bind '"\e[24~":"passwd\C-M"'

this syntax is "wysiwyg".. you enter the above exactly as it appears on your display.

man readline has the details.