Re: Re: pppoe problem

Yes, I could just use the router but a)I run a firewall and DHCP server on my linux box and don't want to duplicate the functionality, b) I wanted know why it doesn't work, because, hey, I leave a lot to be desired and could use some improvement <g>, and c) there's just something cool about plugging your machine directly into the wall socket.

Anyway, the correct answer was enabling pmtu clamping in iptables. I've had a bunch of other problems and it took me a while to figure it out but now it works and pmtu clamping ultimately fixed it.