Re: Recommended Debian book?

Could someone tell me which of these books is similar in type to the Linux by Carla? I mean Q/A type. I knew one more was there but don't know which one

Regards,
Deboo

On 7/22/05, Hans-Peter Sulzer <ql_freak@gmx.net> wrote:
19 July 2005 Glenn English wrote:

> > http://www.nostarch.com/frameset.php?startat=debian

> Everything I've seen from No Starch is paperback. My European Debian

Yes you're right, nearly all books from US seems to be paperback, even
such excellent books like Stroustrups Programming in C++ (at least
when I bought the German version of it, more than 10 years ago – which
is hardback from a German publisher).

> book is a hardback, and it has a very interesting characteristic: from
> the first page, it lies flat on the desk when open. None of my other
> computer books can claim that. Not even the hardbacks from Cisco Press.

I have bought it now in a German book shop myself – really great.
Another nice feature, there is a thread bound into it, which serves
as a bookmark which can't go lost :-)

> I was very impressed when I saw that. To me, not having to use a brick
> to keep a book open is worth the struggle with a German website and the
> exorbitant shipping. For one I foresee using a lot, anyway.

Agree.

Peter
--
peter_sulzer doesn't like spam and this is my domain:
t-online.de

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.