Re: installing Debian on an oldworld Mac

On 6-mrt-2006, at 20:13, petereasthope wrote:

I've just read ten recent messages about support
for boot floppies and conclude that I should not
expect them to work soon.

Currently, is there any way to install Debian on
an oldworld Mac, other than by CD?

You could use bootx to start an installer kernel copied from the net install cd to a harddrive with OS9 on it. It's somewhere in the debian install documentation... If I recall correctly, the docs refer to old installer files though, some weeks ago someone mailed the correct installer filenames in this list, should be in the archive. If you keep the OS9 & bootx install intact while installing debian (on a separate partition or disk) it can be very convenient if you need to do a reinstall in the future.

Peter